TCS World 10K Bangalore
Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The World 10K Bangalore is an annual 10 KM road race which takes place in Bangalore, India. The race has been accorded the IAAF Gold Label Road Race status, the highest rating for road races from the IAAF. The run starts and ends at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium. The competition was first held in 2008 and usually takes place in late May.
The event is organised by Procam International, who are also behind the organization of Mumbai Marathon and Delhi Half Marathon. The event is a chip timed event using the Mylaps Sports Timing technology.
Website: World 10K Bangalore | May 19, 2013
|Race Category||Distance||Min. Age Eligibility
(As On 04.06.2011)
|World 10K||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Open 10K Run||10 km||15 yrs & above|
|Corporate Challenge (10 km)||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Majja Run||5.7 km||12 yrs & above|
|Senior Citizens Run||4 km||60yrs & above|
|Wheelchair Event||4 km||12yrs & above|
World 10K – Entry Requirements
- The World 10K race category is only for international and national elite athletes. However, if you wish to apply for this race category and qualify, you need to enclose a photocopy of your latest timing certificate along with the application form. Entry into this race category is subject to qualifying timings set up by the Event’s technical committee, whose decision will be final and binding on all.
- Where your entry is not accepted for the World 10K category, your entry will be automatically confirmed for the Open 10K Run category.
|Start Time||Race Category|
|06:30 AM||World 10K Men|
|06:40 AM||Senior Citizens’ Run|
|07:15 AM||World 10K Women|
|07:18 AM||10K Challenge|
|07:20 AM||Open 10K|
|08:10 AM||Champions with Disability|
|08:35 AM||Majja Run|
Online registrations for the 2011 run open on Mar 21st. Register from the official website of the event or directly from the Event Avenue portal. Physical registrations start Apr 5th and all registrations end May 7th.
- Through Easy Bill outlets – Local Bangalore residents can also deposit their applications forms along with requisite entry fees at the nearest Easy Bill outlet in Bangalore. Click here to know location of the nearest outlet.
- At SreeKanteerava Stadium – You can also deposit your application forms along with requisite entry fees, in the drop box located at SreeKanteerava Stadium at Room No. 2, Gate No. 3, SreeKanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru-560 001 (Timing: 10 am to 6 pm).
- Post – You can also post your form and fees to P.O. Box No. 5022, Bengaluru GPO, Bengaluru-560 001.
Course / Route Map
The race, which holds IAAF Gold Label Road Race status and is AIMS-certified, begins and ends at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium, after looping through the roads of Bangalore.
Time Limits and Cutoffs
The time limit for completion of the World 10K for men in 35 min and for women is 45 min from respective start times. Elite men runners will not be allowed to enter the athletic stadium to finish their race after 7:05 am. Similarly, women runners will not be allowed to enter the athletic stadium to finish their race after 8 am. Slow runners will be disqualified from the race.
Water: Bottled Kingfisher Premium Packaged drinking water available at drink stations along the course. Each drink station will be clearly marked. For the benefit of your fellow runners and general hygiene, we urge you dispose off/throw bottles towards the pavement or in dustbins provided along the route.
Energy Drinks: Energy drink, Enerzal, will be at energy drink stations. Each station will be clearly marked.
Prize Money/ Awards
(includes Indian and overseas finishers)
|1st||USD 21,000||USD 21,000|
|2nd||USD 15,000||USD 15,000|
|3rd||USD 9,000||USD 9,000|
|4th||USD 5,000||USD 5,000|
|5th||USD 4,000||USD 4,000|
|6th||USD 3,000||USD 3,000|
|7th||USD 2,500||USD 2,500|
|8th||USD 2,000||USD 2,000|
|9th||USD 1,500||USD 1,500|
|10th||USD 1,000||USD 1,000|
Top Indian Finishers
(only for Indian residing in India)
|Finish Position||Prize Money|
Course Record Jackpot
|Top Overall World 10K Finishers||USD 7500||USD 7500|
|Top Indian World 10K Finishers||1,00,000||1,00,000|
2008: Tadese Zersenay (Eritrea) 0:27.51
2009: Deriba Merga (Ethiopia) 0:28.13
2010: Titus Mbieshei (Kenya) 27:54
2008: Elvan Abeylegesse (Turkey) 0:32.02
2009: Asselefech Mergia (Ethiopia) 0:32.08
2010: Yimer Wude (ETH) 31:58
2008: Kashinath 0:29.59
2009: Sandeep Kumar 0:30.02
2010: Sunil Kumar 0:30:47
2008: Preethi L Rao 0:36.01
2009: Kavita Raut 0:34.32
2010: Preeti L Rao 0:37:47
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
Winner’s Medal will be given to
- first 3 Overall World 10K men & women finishers
- first 3 Indian World 10K men & women finishers
- Individual team members of top 3 finishing teams
All prize money winners of the World 10K and the Nation’s Challenge will receive Merit Certificates certifying their prize money winning positions. Timimg Certificate will be give to those who will crosse the finish line by 9 am on race day.
Race Day Weather
The temperature typically varies from 23°C to 36°C .
Results & Past Winners
Results of past runs for all runners are available at our TCS World 10K Bangalore Results page.