Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The World 10K Bangalore is an annual 10 KM road race which takes place in Bangalore, India. The race has been accorded the IAAF Gold Label Road Race status, the highest rating for road races from the IAAF. The run starts and ends at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium. The competition was first held in 2008 and usually takes place in late May.
The event is organised by Procam International, who are also behind the organization of Mumbai Marathon and Delhi Half Marathon. The event is a chip timed event using the Mylaps Sports Timing technology. More than 25000 runner are expected to participate in the event.
|Race Category||Distance||Min. Age Eligibility
(As On 04.06.2013)
|World 10K||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Open 10K Run||10 km||15 yrs & above|
|Corporate Challenge (10 km)||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Majja Run||5.7 km||12 yrs & above|
|Senior Citizens Run||4 km||60yrs & above|
|Wheelchair Event||4 km||12yrs & above|
May 17, 2015
Men: 6:30 a.m
Women: 7:15 a.m.
The entry fees for the 10K is $40 for international runners and ₹850 for Indian runners. To participate in TCS World 10K Bangalore you can register in the official website. The different payment modes are
- Cheque (only local Bangalore cheques will be accepted)
- Demand Draft/Pay Order (payable at Bangalore)
- Cash (only Indian Rupee currency will be accepted)
- Credit Card/Net Banking/Debit Card (can be used only for online applicants)
Course / Route Map
The race, which holds IAAF Gold Label Road Race status and is AIMS-certified, begins and ends at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium, after looping through the roads of Bangalore.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The time limit for completion of the World 10K for men in 35 minutes and for women is 42 minutes from respective start times.
- The cut-off time to finish the Open 10K Run is 1 hours 30 mins.
- The RFID Bib Tag will be used for timing purposes at the Event.
Men: Tadese Zersenay (Eritrea) 0:27.51 (2008)
Women: Yimer Wude (ETH) 31:58 (2010)
Prize Money & Awards
- Top Overall Finishers (Men& Women): 1st – USD 21,000, 2nd – USD 15,000, 3rd – USD 9,000, 4th – USD 5,000, 5th – USD 4,000.
- Top Indian Finishers: (Men& Women): 1st – INR 2,00,000, 2nd – INR 1,50,000, 3rd – INR 1,25,000, 4th – INR 1,00,000, 5th – INR 75,000.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All first 3 Overall World 10K men & women finishers will be given finishers medal.
- Timing certificates will be available for download from the event website
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Bottled Kingfisher Premium Packaged drinking water available at drink stations along the course.
- Energy drink, Enerzal, will be at energy drink stations.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 70°F to 92°F
- Humidity: 64%
Additional Race Info
World 10K – Entry Requirements
- The World 10K race category is only for international and national elite athletes. However, if you wish to apply for this race category and qualify, you need to enclose a photocopy of your latest timing certificate along with the application form. Entry into this race category is subject to qualifying timings set up by the Event’s technical committee, whose decision will be final and binding on all.
- Where your entry is not accepted for the World 10K category, your entry will be automatically confirmed for the Open 10K Run category.