The Walt Disney World Marathon is the finale to a weekend of endurance events at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, including the Disney Half Marathon, 10K and Family Fun Run 5K. The 26.2-mile course through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks with Disney Entertainment on-course. The event is held since 1994.
In all, more than 55,000 runners take part in the various events throughout the weekend. The event attracted a record-setting 56,000 participants in 2012. The marathon event 2013 alone has attracted more than 25,000 runners and walkers to the Walt Disney World (WDW) race known informally as the Mickey Marathon, referring to the famous mouse that graces the medal.
Men: 5:30 a.m.
Women: 5:30 a.m.
You can register for Walt Disney World Marathon when registrations are live. The registration fee is
- $175 by May 19, 2015
- $190 between May 20, 2015 and June 9, 2015
- $205 on or after June 10, 2015
Registration for the 2016 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna® will open April 28, 2015 at Noon EST! Sign up for an email reminder today!
Course / Route Map
The 26.2-mile course runs through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The course takes you through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios before an exhilarating finish back at Epcot®. New features include stops at Champion Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports and the Walt Disney World Speedway, as well as a spectacular surprise at Mile 20!
For the first 3.4 miles, participants will wind through and around Epcot heading to the Magic Kingdom Park. Marathon participants will pass through Tomorrowland and Cinderella Castle before leaving the Magic Kingdom Park. The course will then take Marathon Participants to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, where they will run past the Expedition Everest attraction. Participants will then continue towards the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex before entering the lights, camera, and action of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Participants will run through Washington Square Garden, get a taste of the Big Apple on New York Street and pass by the Sorcerer’s Hat before exiting the park at the end of Hollywood Blvd. Finally, Marathon participants will run by the charming coastal village of Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort and back through Epcot for an unforgettable finish!
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The Run has a total ascent of 83.0 m and has a maximum elevation of 60.0 m.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- All athletes entering the Walt Disney World® Marathon must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the race.
- The race is ChronoTrack B-tag timed.
Men: Leonid Shvestov (RUS) 2:11:50 (1995)
Women: Judit Nagy (HUN) 2:31:54 (1995)
Prize Money & Awards
There is no prize money for the winners. The following awards based on Gun Time will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Marathon Wheelchair Winners (push rim only)
- Age goup Awards to top 5 finishers in each age group
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All participants will receive Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Marathon Tech Shirt.
- All finishers will be given Commemorative Mickey Mouse Finisher medal.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Dasani water and PowerAde stops along the course.
- Four food stops along the Marathon course.
- At finish – one bottle of Dasani water, one bottle of PowerAde, fruit, and various other food items.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 54°F to 69°F
- Humidity: 54% to 86%
- Wind Speed: 5 mph to 10 mph