Walt Disney World Marathon
Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Walt Disney World Marathon is the finale to a weekend of endurance events at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, including the Disney Half Marathon running through all four Theme Parks in the Marathon and all-new Marathon Relay. Complete with medals of Mickey Mouse and his friends, you’d be, well, goofy to miss it! The 26.2-mile course through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks with Disney Entertainment on-course.
In all, more than 55,000 runners take part in the various events throughout the weekend. The event attracted a record-setting 56,000 participants in 2012.The marathon event 2013 alone has attracted more than 25,000 runners and walkers to the Walt Disney World (WDW) race known informally as the Mickey Marathon, referring to the famous mouse that graces the medal.
Website: Walt Disney World Marathon | Jan 13, 2013
- Walt Disney World® Marathon
- Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
- Disney Family Fiesta 5K featuring the Three Caballeros
- Disney Kids’ Races
Next years run will be on Jan 9 – 13, 2013 at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA. You can register for Walt Disney World Marathon when registrations are live. The registration fee is $150 for the marathon and half marathon, $320 for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, $55 for Disney Family Fiesta 5K and $10 per child for Disney Kids’ Races. Registration fees include entry to the race, on-course support, post-race refreshments, a technical t-shirt, goody bag, finisher’s medal, and on-World transportation.
- Walt Disney World® Marathon – 5:30 a.m. on Jan 13
- Walt Disney World® Half Marathon – 5:30 a.m. on Jan 12
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge – Half Marathon on Jan 12 and Marathon on Jan 13
- Disney Family Fiesta 5K – 6:30 a.m. on Jan 11
- Disney Kids’ Races – 3:00 p.m. on Jan 10, 11:00 a.m. on Jan 11, 11:00 a.m. on Jan 12.
Course / Route Map
The 26.2-mile course runs through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The course takes you through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios before an exhilarating finish back at Epcot®. New features include stops at Champion Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports and the Walt Disney World Speedway, as well as a spectacular surprise at Mile 20!
For the first 3.4 miles, participants will wind through and around Epcot heading to the Magic Kingdom Park. Marathon participants will pass through Tomorrowland and Cinderella Castle before leaving the Magic Kingdom Park. The course will then take Marathon Participants to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, where they will run past the Expedition Everest attraction. Participants will then continue towards the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex before entering the lights, camera, and action of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Participants will run through Washington Square Garden, get a taste of the Big Apple on New York Street and pass by the Sorcerer’s Hat before exiting the park at the end of Hollywood Blvd. Finally, Marathon participants will run by the charming coastal village of Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort and back through Epcot for an unforgettable finish!
Time Limits and Cutoffs
All athletes entering the Walt Disney World® Marathon, Half Marathon or 5K must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the race. Anyone not able to maintain the respective paces may be picked up and transported to the finish. You may be picked up at any point along the course and transported for not maintaining pace. It is suggested that you train at a 15-minute per mile pace. The race is ChronoTrack B-tag timed.
Information not available.
Prize Money / Awards
There is no prize money for the winners. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony. Please note, overall awards are based on Gun Time.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Marathon/Half Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Marathon/Half Marathon Wheelchair Winners (push rim only)
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
Each participant’s registration includes a commemorative shirt, iGiftBag, and race bib.
- Walt Disney World® Marathon – All participants will receive Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Marathon Tech Shirt, Commemorative 20th Anniversary Mickey Mouse Finisher medal and iGiftBag.
- Walt Disney World® Half Marathon – All participants will receive Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Half Marathon Tech Shirt, Donald Duck Finisher medal and iGiftBag.
- Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge – Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Tech Shirts for the Marathon, Half Marathon and Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, Special Goofy finisher medal, along with the Commemorative 20th Anniversary Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck finisher medals for completing the Marathon and Half Marathon and iGiftBag.
- Disney Family Fun Run 5K – 5K Unisex T-shirt, 5K Finisher medallion and iGiftBag.
- Disney Kids’ Races – Disney Kids Races T-shirt and Finisher medallion.
Race Day Weather
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
Results & Past Winners
Results of past runs for all runners are available at our Walt Disney World Marathon Results page.