The Walt Disney World Half Marathon is one of the main events of the weekend of endurance events at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, including the Disney Marathon, 10K and Family Fun Run 5K. Disney offer this as a great alternative to the full Marathon and ideal for those new to marathon running. As with the main event, Disney provide entertainment along the course, a family reunion area with live entertainment and access to the Sunday after party at Downtown Disney. The event is held since 1998.
This amazing 13.1 mile course is a runner’s delight, taking you through the magic, wonder, and sheer charm of Magic Kingdom® Park, then on to Epcot®, home of international World Showcase and Future World. There were 23,148 finishers in the half marathon alone in 2013.
Event TypeHalf Marathon
Men: 5:30 a.m.
Women: 5:30 a.m.
You can register for Walt Disney World Half Marathon when registrations are live. The registration fee is $160 for the half marathon if registered earlier. Registration fees include entry to the race, on-course support, post-race refreshments, a technical t-shirt, goody bag, finisher’s medal, and on-World transportation.
Course / Route Map
This amazing 13.1 mile course is a runner’s delight, taking you through the magic, wonder, and sheer charm of Magic Kingdom® Park, then on to Epcot®, home of international World Showcase and Future World. The race concludes with a spectacular finish in the shadow of Spaceship Earth.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- All athletes entering the Walt Disney World® Half Marathon must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the race.
- The race is ChronoTrack B-tag timed.
Prize Money & Awards
There is no prize money for the winners. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Wheelchair Winners (push rim only)
- Age goup Awards to top 5 finishers in each age group
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All participants will receive Champion® Unisex Long-Sleeved Marathon Tech Shirt.
- All finishers will be given Donald Duck Finisher medal.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- There will be one food stop located along the Half Marathon course.
- Dasani water and PowerAde stops along the course.
- At finish – one bottle of Dasani water, one bottle of PowerAde, fruit, and various other food items.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 55°F to 69°F
- Humidity: 55% to 86%
- Wind Speed: 5 mph to 10 mph