Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon
Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Dodge Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon is part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll series of races from the Competitor Group. It takes place in San Diego, California, USA. It was established in 1998 and has been run every year since. It is the original race in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series. A half marathon race was added to supplement the established full marathon race from the 2010 edition onwards.
The run includes a Marathon, Half Marathon, and a 2 Person Half Marathon Relay. More than 30,000 entrants from all 50 states and 40 countries participated in the event in 2012.
Website: Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon | June 2, 2013
- Half Marathon
- 2-Person Half Marathon Relay
- ING KiDS ROCK
- Marathon – 6:15 am
- Half Marathon & 2-Person Half Marathon Relay – 6:45 am
- ING KiDS ROCK – Jun 1
Early bird registration fees is $125 for the marathon, 4110 for the half marathon and $160 for the 2-Person Half Marathon Relay. You can register on the official website of Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon.
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. Official Race T-shirt, Goodie Bag, Refreshments at the Start, along the Course, and at the Finish, Finishers Medal, Finisher’s Certificate, Live Bands Every Mile, and admission to the Post-Race Headliner Concert.
Online Registration Closes: Sunday, May 26, 2013 or upon sell out
The marathon and half marathon courses are as flat and festive as they come – perfect for runners and walkers of all ability levels. You’ll experience a whole new tour that showcases of some of San Diego’s most diverse neighborhoods. Runners of the marathon and half marathon course may run on different sides of the same road but they NEVER intermix. The marathon starts on 6th Ave at Quince St and finishes at Petco Park in New Downtown. The last 4 miles are downhill providing a great runway for a strong finish. The half marathon starts at 6th Ave at Quince St and finishes at 13th & K St.
Time Limits and Cutoffs
- The course time limit for the marathon is 7 hours and that for the half marathon is 4 hours.
- A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area.
- Please note – this is timing tag time, not gun time. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
- State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish.
- Water stations located approx. every 1.5-2 miles on both courses.
- Gatorade is available at every other water station.
- One GU station on the half marathon at approx. mile 8.
- Two GU stations on the full marathon, one at approx. mile 8 and the other at approx. mile 18.
Prize Money/ Awards
- Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for both the marathon (where applicable) and half marathon, for male and female categories.
- Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized.
- In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
Men: Philip Tarus (KEN) 2:08:33 (1999)
Women: Bizunesh Deba (ETH) 2:23:31 (2011)
Men: Meb Keflezighi (USA) 1:02:40 (2011)
Women: Kim Smith (NZ) 1:08:37 (2012)
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All participants will receive Brooks Technical Participant Shirt
- All finishers will receive Official Finisher Certificates and Finishers Medal
Race Day Weather
The temperature typically varies from 62°F to 68°F and is rarely below 59°F or above 72°F.
Results & Past Winners