Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon, a part of The Publix Super Markets Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend, named in honor of the Tampa Bay Gasparilla Pirate Festival, takes place every February (sometimes early March) on Bayshore Boulevard. Over 4,000 people participate each year in these events held in Tampa, Florida, USA. Since the first running of the Gasparilla Distance Classic in February, 1978, $3.2 million has been donated to various programs. More than 485,000+ runners and walkers have crossed the finish line.
The race weekend includes the Half Marathon, 5k+3k, the Publix Super Markets Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K & 5K, Kellogg’s 5K Walk, Fifth Third Bank Half Marathon Team Challenge & Stroller Roll, Michelob Ultra Challenge (15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K) and the Beck’s Light Challenge (15K, 5K & Half Marathon).
Feb 22, 2015
Men: 06:00 am
Women: 06:00 am
- The entry fees is $75 for the half marathon if registered earlier.
- To participate in Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon you can register in the official website.
- Online registration will remain open until Sunday, February 16, 2014, but beginning Saturday, January 11, 2014 will be according to the Late Registration Online Registration Fees ($85 – Half Marathon).
Course / Route Map
Start: Platt St. (between Plant Ave. & Parker St.) - Platt to Plant - Plant Ave to Davis Is. via Davis Island egress bridge - East Davis to Arbor - Arbor to Columbia - Columbia to Barbados - Barbados to Channel - Channel to South Davis - South Davis to Martinique - Martinique to Lucerne - Lucerne to West Davis - West Davis to East Davis - South lane of East Davis off of Island via access ramp to Bayshore (northbound lanes) - Bayshore (northbound lanes) to turnaround at Hawthorne Rd - Bayshore (southbound lanes) back to Finish Line - Finish: Tarpon Dock, Bayshore Blvd. (between BeachPl. & Hyde park Pl.)
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The Finish Line will remain open for 4-hours (10:00 a.m.).
- The race participants will be timed utilizing the ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing & Tracking System
Men: 1:11:09, Elias Gonzalez 2011
Women: 1:20:06, Jessica Crate, 2011
Prize Money & Awards
- A total of $40,000 will be awarded as prize money.
- American only Men & Women: 1st – $8000, 2nd – $3500, 3rd – $2000.
- Local Men & Women: 1st – $2000, 2nd – $1500, 3rd – $750.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All half marathon participants will receive Official 2014 Gasparilla Half Marathon Long Sleeve Dri-Fit Shirt and a Virtual Race Bag
- For those that cross the Finish Line, a Finisher’s Medal and a Finisher’s Certificate will be given
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Water stops are at Start and Finish and there are 11-Course Aid Stations set one mile apart beginning at the 1.5-mile mark of the Half Marathon.
- Aid Stations will supply Zephyrhills Spring Water and Gatorade Endurance Formula (Lemon-Lime Flavor).
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 53°F to 74°F
- Humidity: 51% to 92%
- Wind Speed: 3 mph to 9 mph