Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Nike Women Half Marathon DC is held in Washington, DC, USA since 2013. It will be a race to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The event has a gorgeous course filled with history and monuments that starts and ends right at the heart of the Nations’ Capitol. An amazing post-race celebration for you to share your accomplishment with friends, family and 15,000 new running buddies.
There will be approximately 15,000 participants in the Nike Women Half Marathon D.C. Men can also participate in the event. It is a USATF certified course.
The Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC will not take place in 2015. This was posted on Nike’s Facebook page in September regarding the race. It will be moving to a new destination in order to bring the race experience to more runners,
Apr 27, 2014
Men: 7:00 am
Women: 7:00 am
- Anyone who is eighteen (18) or older as of April 27, 2014 and a registered member of NIKE+ may apply for the Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC Random Draw.
- Applications for participation will be accepted between 12PM ET on November 5, 2013 and 6PM ET on November 22, 2013.
- The fee to participate as an individual or part of a group in the 2014 Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC is $175. The college registration fee is $150 (for a limited time).
- On or before December 6, 2013, NIKE USA, Inc. will randomly select applicants. Participants who are selected to participate will be notified via email by December 6, 2013.
Course / Route Map
The Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC course is an out and back course. It begins in downtown Washington, DC near Freedom Plaza and finishes at the same location. The course is USATF certified.
Enjoy a running tour of our nation’s capital, where participants will run past the steps of the US Capitol, numerous presidential monuments, war and historic figure memorials, grand government agency buildings and museums, the beautiful Potomac River, and more before returning to the finish complete with a beautiful Capitol backdrop.
It is a beautiful loop through the nation’s capital. The event shares a common start/finish and offers vast public transportation options for both participants and spectators.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The course in DC will be open for 4 hours.
- You must maintain a 15:00 min/mile pace in order to receive finisher awards.
- Timing chips will be used to record the timing of the runners.
Samia Akbar 1:19:32 (2013)
Prize Money & Awards
- The Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC will recognize and award the top three female runners to cross the finish line in the half marathon.
- The top male and female finishers in each age group will be recognised.
- Chip time will be used to establish age group winners and awards will be mailed within 2 weeks.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- Each finisher of the Nike Women’s Half Marathon will receive an official finisher’s award.
- To be recognized as a finisher you must wear your bib and timing chip, and complete the entire course by the specified cut off time.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- The Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC course will have aid stations along the course.
- Porto-lets will be available at all aid stations as well as additional locations on course.
Expected Race Day Weather
Highest Expected Temperature: 62° F
Lowest Expected Temperature: 45° F