Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Niagara Falls International Marathon is an annual marathon running competition from Buffalo, New York, USA to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the few marathons in the world that starts in one country and finishes in another, together with Marathon der 3 Länder from Germany to Austria. Some other marathons cross international borders but return to the start, like the Monaco Marathon and the Unionsmarathon. The event is a Boston Marathon Qualifier.
The Niagara Falls International Marathon celebrated its inaugural running in 1974. Back then, (and for the first several years) the race was known as the Skylon Marathon.
Oct 27, 2013
The entry fees is $95.00 CAD for early registrations. To participate in Niagara Falls International Marathon you can register in the official website. Online registration will close at Midnight, Monday, October 21, 2013.
Course / Route Map
The Niagara Falls International Marathon starts by the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo N.Y. The first 6.5km (4 miles) of the race travel the majestic parkways of Buffalo before crossing the Peace Bridge into the historic old town of Fort Erie, Ontario. The route then follows the beautiful Niagara River Parkway and finishes at the magnificent Niagara Falls. It is the only marathon in the world that starts in one country and finishes in another. The course is considered flat and fast and has hosted two USA men’s Olympic marathon trials in 1980 and again in 1984, along with the World Veteran’s Games marathon in 1995.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The course time limit for the marathon is 7 hours.
- MyLaps Bib Tag technology will be used to time all events.
Men: Anthony Sandoval 2:10:19 (1980)
Women: Nicole Stevenson 2:37:08 (2004)
Prize Money & Awards
- Trophies will be awarded 3 deep in the Open and Master’s divisions for Men and Women.
- Commemorative age group awards will be awarded 3 deep to men and women.
- Prize Money:
Place Open (M/F) Masters (M/F) 1st $1,250 $600 2nd $1,000 $500 3rd $750 $400
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered participants are entitled to receive T shirts.
- All finishers will receive Finisher Medals at the finish line.
- Each participant who finishes the Marathon is entitled to a Finisher Certificate.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- There will be a total of 16 Hydration Stations along the course. The first will be located at the 2.5 mile mark in Buffalo. On the Canadian side, the first Hydration Station will start at mile 5 followed by strategically located stations along the Parkway approximately every 2 miles.
- Water and pre-mixed bottles of Cytomax Performance Drink will be available at the start/finish lines and at each of these locations along the course.
Expected Race Day Weather
Highest Expected Temperature: 47 °F
Lowest Expected Temperature: 38 °F