Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
World’s largest marathon and one of the world’s great road races, the TCS New York City Marathon is the the premier event of New York Road Runners, draws more than 100,000 applicants annually. The race is part of the World Marathon Majors series of Big-5 marathons, the others being London, Chicago, Boston and Berlin. With the exception of 2012, has been run every year since 1970.
The race attracts many world-class professional athletes, and is broadcast around the world to an estimated 315 million worldwide television viewers. The New York City Marathon is the brainchild of Fred Lebow, who transformed this race from one with 55 finishers in 1970 to one of the largest marathons in the world.
Nov 1, 2015
Professional Women: 9:10 a.m.
Professional Men and Other Men and Women: 9:40 a.m.
Check This Out
Entry fees for U.S. Residents (those who live in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia) NYRR Members: US $216 and Non-Members:US $255. And for Non-U.S. Residents (including Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories) is $347. To participate you can register on the official website of TCS New York City Marathon.
Course / Route Map
The race goes through all the five New York boroughs, run from Staten Island through Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx to Manhattan. It crosses five bridges, and finishes at Tavern on the Green in world-famous Central Park. View the full course details here.
Bridges on the route:
- Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
- Bay Ridge
- Pulaski Bridge
- Queensboro Bridge
- Willis Avenue Bridge
- Madison Avenue Bridge
More than 130 bands and entertainment zones along the course will motivate and entertain runners and spectators alike.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The Run has a total ascent of 167.0 m and has a maximum elevation of 68.0 m.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The time limit for this course is 8½ hours.
- Your timing device for the ING New York City Marathon is the ChronoTrack B-tag, which is attached to your race number (bib).
Prize Money & Awards
The total prize money is more than $800,000. Age group awards will also be given.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All finishers will be given finisher medals and HeatSheet™ presented by United Airlines and Foot Locker.
- Finisher certificates will be available in digital and print versions through MarathonFoto. Details on downloading and ordering your certificate will be available the week after the race.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Poland Spring® Brand 100% Natural Spring Water will be available at the start and at official fluid stations every mile beginning at mile 3.
- Gatorade® G Endurance Formula™ will be available at official fluid stations every mile beginning at mile 3 except at mile 17.
- At the PowerGel Energy Zone at mile 18, assorted PowerGels (Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry-Banana, Pomegranate Açai, Double Latte, Orange Dream) will help you hurdle “the wall” and energize you to the finish.
- Fruit will be available at the fluid stations at miles 20–23.
Expected Race Day Weather
Average temperatures from past New York City Marathons:
- Average high: 62°F/17°C
- Average low: 47°F/8°C
- Mean average: 55°F/13°C
Additional Race Info
World Records at New York City Marathon
The New York City Marathon route is not the most conducive for fast times, and has seen just a few marathon world records.
New York City Marathon – world’s largest marathon, this is one run you will not want to miss (if you can make it through the lottery).