Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K is run on historic Monument Avenue in Richmond, Virginia, USA. Begun in 2000, the race has grown to be the fourth largest 10k in the country and the 22nd largest race of any distance. It has been named by USA Today as one of the Best 10 great road races in the United States.
The event registered a record number of 41,314 participants in 2011. The race is capped at 40,000. With such large number of participants, you’re bound to be entertained— whether it’s by costumed runners, Spirit Groups, live music, or the beautiful, flat course.
Mar 28, 2015
Men: 8:30 a.m.
Women: 8:30 a.m.
You can register on the official website of Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K. Registration fees varies according to the date of registration. The entry fees is $30 for the 10K and $15 for the kids run if registered earlier.
Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 23 or when the event reaches capacity, whichever comes first. Walk up registration will be available at the expo only if the event has not reached its 40,000-person capacity.
Course / Route Map
With the exception of the start and finish, the race is run almost entirely on Monument Avenue. It begins at Broad Street, located in the Fan Historic District. After several blocks, the race makes a left turn onto Monument Avenue. Runners see a total of six monuments during your run, mostly set in the middle of traffic circles; five of the six pay tribute to leaders of the Confederacy. The monument to Arthur Ashe, humanitarian and tennis star, was the last to be added. After 3 miles the course makes a U-turn for approximately 2 miles. After running through the Virginia Commonwealth University campus, the race ends on Franklin Street at the entrance of Monroe Park.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- Runners who can finish the course within 1:09:59 can register for the race.
- ChronoTrack “B” Race Timing Tag will be used to record the timing.
Men: Reuben Chebii (KEN) 28:07 (2004)
Women: Magdalene Makunzi (KEN) 32:24 (2007)
Prize Money & Awards
- Awards for overall – Top 5 Male/Female.
- Prize Money: 1st – $2,500, 2nd – $1,500, 3rd – $1,000, 4th – $750, 5th – $500.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered participants will receive Event t-shirt.
- You may UPGRADE to a technical running shirt for $20 while registering.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- At Miles 2, 3, 4 and 5 there are water stops with water & PowerAde.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Highest Average Temperature: 70° F
- Lowest Average Temperature: 45° F