Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
Marine Corps Marathon, 26.2-mile course is one of the largest marathons in the US (4th largest actually), with 30,000 participants and the eighth largest in the world with runners from more than 50 participating countries. The run is held in Arlington, VA, since 1976 and is popularly known as ‘The People’s Marathon”. The course varies slightly from year to year. The mission is to promote physical fitness, generate community goodwill and showcase the organizational skills of the United States Marine Corps.
Active Duty and Reserve early registration sold out in 9 hours on Februrary 23. Those members of the military unable to obtain a spot in the 40th MCM during this limited registration window are encouraged to sign up for the MCM Lottery opening on March 13 or join one of the MCM Charity Partners.
Oct 25, 2015
Men: 7:55 a.m.
Women: 7:55 a.m.
The 40th MCM official registration dates are from Monday, 23 February 2015 11:59 AM to Tuesday, 24 February 2015 12:00 AM EST. Runners around the world are poised for the public opening of 30,000 entries. You can register on the official website of Marine Corps Marathon. Individual entry fee is $99.
Course / Route Map
The USATF-certified 26.2 mile marathon course starts in Arlington, VA on Route 110 between Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon. The course moves through Rosslyn along Lee Highway before turning on Spout Run and the George Washington Parkway. After crossing Key Bridge into Georgetown between Miles 4 and 5, runners turn right along the renowned M Street.
The runners pass through K Street, 27th Street, I Street, Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway, Kennedy Center, Roosevelt Bridge, Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Memorial Bridge, John Ericsson National Memorial, Hains Point, East Basin Drive, Maine Avenue, Tidal Basin, Independence Avenue, Kutz Bridge, Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial, FDR Memorial, National Mall, 15th Street, 14th and Madison Drive, 3rd Street, Constitution Avenue, 1st Street, Maryland Avenue, Jefferson Drive, 14th Street, Crystal City, 12th Street South, 23rd Street South, South Clark Street, 15th Street, 12th Street South, South Rotary Road, Route 27/Washington Boulevard and Route 110.
Finally, the MCM course unfurls alongside Arlington National Cemetery then, after turning left onto Marshall Drive, offers a final up-hill challenge to the finish at the access road to the Marine Corps War Memorial and the MCM Finish!
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The Marine Corps Marathon, aptly nicknamed the “Marathon of the Monuments,” offers exciting changes in the 2013 course including a flatter route and new approach to the Capitol. The most notable change in this year’s course occurs from Miles 6- 9 with runners now traveling north on scenic Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway along roads that are relatively flat. Runners will experience a climb on Lee Highway in the first few miles of the course, but are rewarded with a descent along Spout Run and the Parkway.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The MCM course will remain open until 3:00 p.m., just more than seven hours after gun time.
- The required minimum pace is 14 minutes-per-mile.
- ChronoTrack Timing Systems, Inc. records the results of runners along the course.
Men: Jeff Scuffins 2:14:01 (1987)
Women: Olga Markova 2:37:00 (1990)
Prize Money & Awards
- Gun time will be utilized in determining awards for the top three male and female finishers.
- There is prize money for this marathon and so it is called as ‘People’s Marathon’
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered participants will receive participant mock neck shirt
- Marathon finishers will receive their finisher’s medal
Water Stops & Refreshments
- There are 12 water stations along the course all of which supply Gatorade. The Gatorade flavor will be Lemon Lime Endurance Formula.
- There are food stations which supply oranges, CLIF SHOT Gel, Jelly Belly Sport Beans and Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins (glazed, jelly filled, pumpkin, old fashioned and cinnamon and chocolate glazed).
Expected Race Day Weather
- Highest Expected Temperature: 59°F
- Lowest Expected Temperature: 42°F
- Precipitation: 20 %