The ASICS LA Marathon is held each spring in Los Angeles, California, USA. The ASICS LA Marathon is the pinnacle of achievement for runners. Runners from all 50 states and more than 55 countries will set out from Dodger Stadium to accomplish a personal dream by reaching the Finish Line in Santa Monica. The race is inspired by the success of the 1984 Summer Olympic Games and has been contested every year since 1986. A 5K run/walk, a fixture on marathon weekend since 1990, draws in excess of 4,000 participants every year. The race has a goal of surpassing last year’s total of $3.7 million for various charities throughout the community.
More than 32,000 participants and families are expected to partake this year from all 50 states and over 57 countries from around the world.
Women: 7:10AM (approx.)
You can register on the official website of ASICS LA Marathon. $180 is the registration fees for early registrations, while for international runners it starts at $205.
Registration for the 2016 ASICS LA Marathon will open September 1. Charity runner registration will open September 1st.
Course / Route Map
The race starts at Dodger Stadium, 1000 Elysian Park Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012. The race ends on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue in Santa Monica. The new “Stadium to the Sea” course not only includes a net elevation drop of 430 feet, but it also incorporates many iconic landmarks for which Los Angeles is world renowned. After circulating around historic Dodger Stadium the course negotiates past Chinatown.
At mile 6, the course winds through the communities of Echo Park and Silver Lake. For the next eight miles, the course passes through notable Hollywood landmarks, then through the heart of Beverly Hills and straight down Rodeo Drive. from there the course continues west to Century City and continues along San Vicente Boulevard. The final three miles of the marathon are set in Santa Monica.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The Finish Line will close 8 hours after the start of the race.
- The Marathon will be using the Chronotrack B-Tag timing system.
Men: Markos Geneti (Ethiopia) 2:06:35 (2011)
Women: Lidiya Grigoryeva (Russia) 2:25:10 (2006)
Prize Money & Awards
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All the participants will receive a participant technical shirt.
- All “Official Finishers” will receive medals.
- Official results and an Electronic Finisher Certificate will be emailed to all finishers 30 days after the race.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- There are 25 Aid Stations on the course.
- Water will be provided at 25 locations along the course and electrolyte at 12 stations (every odd mile starting at mile 3).
- Ultima Replenisher Red Raspberry flavor electrolyte will be offered.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 52°F to 63°F
- Humidity: 61% to 78%
- Wind Speed: 5 mph to 13 mph