Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Chevron Houston Half Marathon takes place every year in January in Houston, Texas. The half marathon is held from 2002. The Chevron Houston Half Marathon offers participants a unique running experience in the city. The course is fast, flat, and scenic single-loop course. Of the 25,000-participant field, 13,000 entries are reserved for the marathon and 12,000 for the half marathon.
Jan 18, 2015
Men: 7 am
Women: 7 am
To participate in Chevron Houston Half Marathon you can register in the official website. The entry fees is $105 for the Half Marathon.
Course / Route Map
The Aramco Houston Half Marathon utilize a single start line. Marathon and half marathon participants merge at mile 2. From downtown, participants run through the Heights and Montrose neighborhoods. At approximately mile 8, half marathoners split off from the marathon course and return to finish at the GRB.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The time limit for the half marathon is four hours.
- All half marathon participants must be able to maintain a pace of 13:45 per mile or faster over the first nine miles of the course.
- Timing chips are used to record the runners time.
Men: Feyisa Lilesa, 2012, 59:22
Women: Belaynesh Ojira, 2012, 1:08:26
Prize Money & Awards
- A 5-deep purse will be offered (equal for men and women): $15,000-10,000-5,000-2,500-1,000.
- There will also be a course record bonus of $7,500 (sub-59:22/sub-68:26), and a world record bonus of $50,000.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered participants receive a participation T-shirt at packet pick-up.
- All official half marathon finishers receive a finisher shirt and medal.
Water Stops & Refreshments
Medical aid stations are available at every other mile beginning at mile 5.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Average low temperature: 45° F
- Average high temperature: 63° F
- Mean average temperature: 54° F