Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Kaiser Permanente Great Aloha Run is a road race that takes place annually in Honolulu, Hawaii on the third Monday in February (Presidents’ Day in the United States). It is a charity event that benefits Carole Kai Charities, a philanthropic fund run by Hawaii entertainer Carole Kai. Kai and Honolulu Marathon founder Jack Scaff, M.D. founded the race in 1985, and since its inception it has donated over $6.8 million to over 100 non-profit organizations in Hawaii.
The Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium route gives the race its name. The Great Aloha Run is the second largest road race in Hawaii, after the Honolulu Marathon, which attracts an international field and is marketed heavily in Japan. About 15,000 runners, mostly Hawaii residents, run the race each year.
Feb 16, 2015
Men: 7:00 am
Women: 7:00 am
One can register online, by mail, at packet pick-up or on race day. The entry fees is $38 for Great Aloha Run if registered earlier.
To participate in Great Aloha Run you can register in the official website. Register online by February 6, 2015, 11:59 pm HST.
Course / Route Map
The 8.15-mile relatively flat course starts at Aloha Tower in Downtown Honolulu, winds its way along the historic Honolulu Harbor, down Nimitz Highway, Kamehameha Highway and into the Aloha Stadium. The finish line is the back goal line of the north end zone on the stadium floor. Enjoy entertainment along the entire course!
Note: No heelies, rollerskates, in-line skates, bikes, scooters, skateboards, animals (except service dogs), cars or unregistered runners allowed on race course or through finish line at Aloha Stadium.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The course is relatively flat. The Run has a total ascent of 31.0 m and has a maximum elevation of 22.0 m.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- There is no course time limit.
- The Great Aloha Run features the ChronoTrack D-tag Timing System.
- The participant is required to cross both the start and finish mats using ChronoTrack D-tag.
Prize Money & Awards
- Elite runners (Top 3 male and female)- 1st-$1,200, 2nd-$750, 3rd-$500
- Military Division (Top 3 male and female) – $1000 for first, $500 for second, $250 for third.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All pre-registered runners get t-shirt
- Medals for top 10 male and female finishers based on gun time
- Division medals mailed to the first 3 male and female age group winners
Water Stops & Refreshments
Aid Stations are at approximately miles 2,3, 5.7 and 7 as well as the finish line area.
Expected Race Day Weather
Temperature: 67°F to 80°F
Humidity: 54% to 88%
Wind Speed: 0 mph to 17 mph