Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Gate River Run (GRR), formerly known as the Jacksonville River Run, is a 15 kilometer road race in Jacksonville, Florida, USA, that attracts both competitive and recreational runners. The race is sponsored by Gate Petroleum and was first held in 1978. It has been the US National Championship 15K since 1994 and in 2007 became the largest 15K race in the United States.
The GATE River Run is the largest 15K race in the United States and will once again serve as the USA 15K Championship with America’s top Olympic athletes competing for $85,000 in prize money. More than 23,000 runners and walkers participated in the day’s five events last year, making the event Jacksonville’s largest participatory sporting event, according to Gate River Run officials.
Mar 14, 2015
Men: 8.30 am
Elite Women: 8:24 am
- Register online (there are no paper forms) – Registration closes online on March 10th or when the race reaches it’s 20,000 limit. Registration will be available at the Runners Expo on March 12th and 13th if the race does not fill prior to that time.
- In person: Come into any 1st Place Sports Store through Tuesday, March 10th and use the computer kiosk to sign up online without paying any server fees
- The entry fees is $40 if registered earlier.
Course / Route Map
The starting line is on Gator Bowl Boulevard between the Stadium and Metropolitan Park. There is a Walker Starting Line for the 15K located on Adams Street next to the Memorial Wall. The run finishes on Duval Street in front of the Jacksonville Faigrounds.
The course runs through the heart of downtown Jacksonville where the race crosses the St. Johns River over the Main Street Bridge, runs through historic San Marco, down Atlantic Blvd to the beautiful and scenic St. Nicolas area, and then crosses the river for the second time over the green monster, the Hart Bridge, and features a one mile downhill to the finish line.
All miles will be marked and digital clocks will display the elapsed time at each mile mark. Water Stations and toilets will be located throughout the course, and entertainment will be provided each mile during the race. Live bands perform at locations along the race course.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
The GATE River Run will be using MyLaps Bib/Tag ChampionChip system to time runners in the 15K.
Men: Todd Williams (USA) 42:22 (1995)
Women: Deena Drossin (USA) 47:15 (2003)
Prize Money & Awards
- Cash to the top ten men and women as follows: 1st $12,000, 2nd $5,000, 3rd $3,000, 4th $2,000, 5th $1,000, 6th $900, 7th $800, 8th $700, 9th $600,10th $500.
- World Record Bonus (41:13) (46:57): $10,000
- American Record Bonus (42:22) (47:00): $5,000
- Course Record Bonus (42:22) (47:15): $3,000
- Top 5 in each age-group will be given awards.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All finishers in the 15K receive a custom designed medal that commemorates the current year.
- Custom-designed adidas running caps will be given to the top ten percent of male and female finishers.
Water Stops & Refreshments
Water Stations and toilets will be located throughout the course.
Expected Race Day Weather
Expected Highest Temperature: 65° F
Expected Lowest Temperature: 44° F