The Falmouth Road Race is an annual 7-mile road race on Cape Cod from Woods Hole, a village in the town of Falmouth, Massachusetts, to Falmouth Heights. The Race is one of the premier running events of the summer season. Each year the race draws an international field of Olympians, elite runners and weekend warriors. The non-profit Falmouth Road Race organization is dedicated to promoting health and fitness for all in its community.
The New Balance Falmouth Road Race celebrates its 41st running this year and the spirit which made the first Falmouth so special is still present today. More than 11,000 runners will gather in Woods Hole for the 2013 renewal, including many of the world’s elite, though the essence of the event remains a fun run.
Aug 16, 2015
Men: 09: 00 am
Women: 09: 00 am
The registration fee for New Balance Falmouth Road Race is $45. This fee will only be charged in the event an entrant is chosen in the lottery. You can register at the official website of Falmouth Road Race Mile.
The registration fee includes: entry to the race, an official race mug, an official race magazine, entry to the Health and Fitness Expo including athlete signings and free clinics, water and Gatorade on the race course, and a post race party at the finish line.
Course / Route Map
The race is seven miles long and begins in front of the Woods Hole Community Center, near the drawbridge on Water Street. The first three miles are narrow, hilly, winding tree-shaded roads, while the last four miles are open on the flat right next to Martha’s Vineyard Sound. A small steep hill lets you know that you are beginning the last half-mile of the race. Once you crest the hill it is “all downhill” to the finish.
- Proceed out of Woods Hole, take a right onto Church Street, then wind around Nobska Lighthouse and continue along the hilly, tree-lined road
- At three miles you emerge from the woods and continue for 1.5 miles along the beach, next to the waters of Vineyard Sound
- Turn left onto Shore Street and 400 yards later turn right onto Clinton Avenue
- Turn left onto Scranton Avenue, 600 yards later turn right onto Robbins Road to the top of Falmouth Harbor
- At the end of Robbins Road, turn right onto Falmouth Heights Road and continue until you once again see the ocean
- Last turn left, head up hill to Falmouth Heights and down to the finish line along Grand Avene at Falmouth Heights Beach.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- There is a course time limit of 2 hrs 15 mins
- TIming chips will be used to record the runner’s time.
Men: Gilbert Okari (KEN) 31:08 (2004)
Women: Lornah Kiplagat (KEN) 35:02 (2000)
Prize Money & Awards
Open Men and Women Prize Money: 1st – $ 10,000, 2nd – $ 7,500, 3rd – $5,000, 4th – $ 3,500, 5th – $ 2,000.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
Water Stops & Refreshments
- A total of six (6) Poland Springs water stops and one (1) Gatorade Rehydration Station will be located along the course.
- Poland Spring water will be available at the start and at the finish.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 65°F to 77°F
- Humidity: 65% to 91%