Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend brings women of all ages together to participate in a magical event designed just for them. The Disney Princesses are the inspiration for the weekend’s events and will focus on the attributes every princess possesses: commitment, courage, determination, fantasy, perseverance, and strength. The event will take place at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, USA and is set to celebrate the women who prove that anything is possible in life’s fairytale.
The race is held since 2009. Nearly 7,500 runners and walkers participated in the inaugural half marathon, and the field has grown each year. 2013 event marked a record for the fifth Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend, with a record-setting 36,000 participants, mostly women, joining the various runDisney events.
Event TypeHalf Marathon
Men: 5:30 a.m.
Women: 5:30 a.m.
The entry fees is $160 for the half marathon if registered earlier. To participate in Disney’s Princess Half Marathon you can register in the official website. Each participant’s registration includes a commemorative shirt, iGiftBag, and race bib.
Course / Route Map
Start just outside Epcot® and make your way toward Cinderella Castle inside Magic Kingdom® Park. Make sure you wave to your favorite Disney Princesses along the way! After a run through the kingdom make your way back to Epcot® along World Drive. Energizing music and characters will encourage you along your storybook journey. After a trip past Spaceship Earth and out to World Showcase, you will complete your fairytale with a finish line crowd cheering you down the home stretch! Exciting music and the presence of Disney princesses make for a storybook ending to an incredible half marathon.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The course time limit is 3 hours 30 mins.
- All athletes must maintain a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the race.
- The half marathon is a ChronoTrack B-tag timed race.
Men: Kenneth Brooks (USA) 1:14:09 (2011)
Women: Rachel Booth (USA) 1:18:11 (2012)
Prize Money & Awards
The Masters, Team, Military and Age Group awards listed below for Disney Princess Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony.
- Top 3 Overall Female Finishers
- Overall Female Wheelchair Winner (push rim only)
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- Each participant will receive Champion® Women’s Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt.
- All finishers will be given a commemorative Finisher Medal
Water Stops & Refreshments
- A total of 9 Dasani water and PowerAde stops which are 1.5 miles apart.
- One food stop with Clif Shots will be available near Mile 9.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 57°F to 73°F
- Humidity: 50% to 85%
- Wind Speed: 6 mph to 11 mph