Disneyland Half Marathon is a perfect ending to a magical weekend. It is a 13.1-mile journey through the Happiest Place on Earth; Retrace Walt Disney’s footsteps during a magical run starting at Disney California Adventure® Park, before taking runners into Disneyland® Park and onto the streets of Anaheim, before a magical finish by the Disneyland® Hotel. Memories are sure to be made on an experience you’ll never forget. The half marathon course is certified by USA Track & Field.
Last year, 15,979 runners finished the Disneyland Half Marathon and another 9,608 ran the Disneyland 10K. Over 5,700 of them completed the Dumbo Double Dare, running the 10K and half-marathon on back-to-back days. Runners came from all 50 U.S. states and 26 countries for the races. The title half-marathon celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. For the occasion, runDisney has added a special 10th anniversary medal and Disneyland Half Marathon Anniversary Party to the schedule.
Event TypeHalf Marathon
You can register on the official website of Disneyland Half Marathon. Registration for the Disneyland Half Marathon 2015 Weekend presented by Cigna opens Tuesday, February 10, 2015. Registration fees start at $199 by February 24, 2015, $215 between February 25 and March 10, 2015 and $230 on or after March 11, 2015. All of the 35,500 bibs at the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon sold out in 12 hours.
Registration is still available for the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna® through our Charity Groups .
Course / Route Map
The course for this magical half marathon event will take you from Disney California Adventure® Park, celebrating California’s storied past and exciting future, to Disneyland® Park, home of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the whole Disney gang. Then it’s on to the scenic streets of Anaheim, past the Honda Center, home of the Anaheim Ducks, along the Santa Ana Trail overlooking the Santa Ana River, through Angel Stadium, home of the MLB’s Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and then on to Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel and the Disneyland® Hotel for an exciting finish. Ideal weather and a flat loop course set the stage for an exhilarating Half Marathon designed to shatter personal bests.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- 16 minute per mile pace is required for all athletes in the Half Marathon, 10K and the 5K.
- The Half Marathon and 10K will be timed using the ChronoTrack timing system. The Family Fun Run 5K and Kids Races will not be timed.
- The Disney® Family Fun Run 5K is NOT a timed event but in order to receive a finisher medal, participants must maintain a 16 minute per mile pace requirement.
Men: Jimmy Grabow (USA) 1:05:29 (2012)
Women: Rachel Booth (USA) 1:15:19 (2010)
Prize Money & Awards
- Top three male and female finishers will be given awards.
- Age group awards will also be given to the top five male and female runners in each age group.
- Overall awards are based on Gun Time, while the Masters and age group award winners are based on net time.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- Each participant’s registration includes a commemorative shirt.
- All finishers will receive a specially designed commemorative finisher medal before exiting the finish chute.
- Half Marathon finisher’s certifcates will be available for download approximately one week after the race at mydisneymarathon.com.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- A total of 9 water and PowerAde stops will be located along the course.
- Stops are placed approximately every 1.5 miles along the course and both water and PowerAde will be available at all 9 stops.
- One food stop with Clif Shots will be available near Mile 9.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Highest Average Temperature: 77°F
- Lowest Average Temperature: 63°F