Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
Dam To Dam Half Marathon in Iowa ranks as one of the best long distance races in the USA. Started in 1980, till 2013 it was held as a 20K race and from 2014 it is held as a half marathon. The Half-Marathon race is a point-to-point USA Track & Field certified distance. The start is on Saylorville Dam, where runners can see downtown Des Moines on the horizon. The lesser distance 5 kilometer gives everyone an opportunity to participate in Dam to Dam and now ranks as the largest 5 kilometer race in Iowa.
The Half-Marathon race is limited to 9,000 runners. The 5K race is limited to 3,000 runners.
May 30, 2015
Men: 7 am
Women: 7 am
The Half-Marathon race is limited to 9,000 runners. $35 entry fee for the first 5,000 runners, $40 entry fee for next 2,000 runners (5001-7000) and $45 entry the last 2,000 runners (7001-9000). To participate in Dam to Dam Half Marathon you can register in the official website
Dam to Dam runner shirt – Sign up in the first 35 days to guarantee your shirt size and a race bib personalized with your first name. After April 22, shirt size not guaranteed.
Course / Route Map
The Half-Marathon race is a point-to-point USA Track & Field certified distance. The start is on Saylorville Dam, where runners can see downtown Des Moines on the horizon. The 13.1 mile journey takes runners through Iowa’s countryside and Des Moines neighborhoods to the finish at 13th and Grand. All miles are marked. Water stations are provided at least every 2 miles with medical support at the last water stations. The course is traffic-controlled and is timed for a 3 hour 15 minute finish.
Early starts, bikes, baby joggers, dogs and roller blades ARE NOT permitted. Headphones or electronic listening devices are permitted but discouraged for the safety of yourself and other runners.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- Runners must complete the Half Marathon course in 3 hours 15 minutes.
- All runners will be provided a bib chip with which they will be timed.
Men: Sammy Rotich (USA) 1:06:37 (2014)
Women: Diane Nukuri Johnson (USA) 1:13:17 (2014)
Prize Money & Awards
- Top male and female Half-Marathon winners will receive a trophy.
- The overall cash prizes are ten deep for both male and female finishers: 1st – $2,500, 2nd – $1,500, 3rd – $1,000, 4th – $800 5th – $700, 6th – $600, 7th – $500, 8th – $400, 9th – $300 and 10th – $200.
- Brooks apparel will be awarded to all age division winners.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All participants will be given T- shirt
- All those who finish with in 3 hours 15 minutes will receive finisher medals.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Water stations are provided at least every 2 miles with medical support at the last water stations.
- Half-Marathon runners after finishing will receive their finisher medal, water, sports drink.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 67°F to 76°F
- Humidity: 43% to 86%
- Wind Speed: 3 mph to 18 mph