Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon
Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon is held in Dallas, Texas, USA since 2010. The race will benefit the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure program, which raises money for the fight against breast cancer in races across the country. A fast course and lively bands keep the runners rocking in Dallas. This 13.1 mile block party takes runners through quintessential landmarks of the city. The events include half marathon, 2 Person Half Marathon Relay and kids races.
The race is a “qualifier” for the Boston Marathon. In 2012 more than 14,500 entrants made up the largest field in the three year history of the event.
Website: Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon | Mar 24, 2013
- Half Marathon
- 2 Person Half Marathon Relay
- ING KiDS ROCK Dallas
- Half Marathon Wheelchair – 7:55 am
- Half Marathon – 8:00 am
- 2 Person Half Marathon Relay – 8:00 am
- ING KiDS ROCK Dallas – 9:00 am onwards
The entry fees is time bound and varies from $85 to $150 for the half marathon and from $130 to $150 for the 2 Person Half Marathon Relay depending on the date and month of registration. To participate in Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon you can register in the official website. Price includes: Official Race T-shirt, Goodie Bag, Refreshments at the Start, along the Course, and at the Finish, Finishers Medal, Finisher’s Certificate
Course / Route Map
The half marathon course is as flat and festive as it comes – perfect for runners and walkers of all ability levels. The course starts at the Young Street and finishes at the Fair Park, 1300 Robert B Cullum Boulevard. The participants run through downtown Dallas, Highland Park to reach the end point in Fair Park (site of Texas State Fair).
Spirited cheer squads will be lining the scenic course highlighting host cities famous sites. Live bands will be performing a variety of music from alternative, classic and punk rock to blues, jazz and soul along each mile of the race course. No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Time Limits and Cutoffs
The time limit for the half marathon is 4 hours. Participants must maintain a pace faster than the course time limits in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Course time limits begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line. State of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record participants’ times at the start, at certain splits along the courses and at the finish.
There are themed water stations at every mile. Water, Sports Drink & Sport Gel are available along the course. Refreshments and water are available at the start and finish lines.
Prize Money/ Awards
In accordance with USATF Rules, overall and cash awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your ChronoTrack time.
- Half Marathon – Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions for male and female categories. Awards will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of results being finalized.
- 2 Person Half Marathon Relay – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be given in 3 categories – Male, Female, Coed.
Men: Westly Keating (USA) 01:03:30 (2010)
Women: Melissa Todd (USA) 1:16:46 (2010)
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- Half Marathon – All the finishers will be given Official Finisher Certificates, Finishers Medal and Swag Bag.
- 2 Person Half Marathon Relay – All the finishers will get Official Relay Finisher’s Medal, Brooks Technical Tee and Swag bag. Each team member will be issued a commemorative Rock ‘n’ Roll branded baton, one of which will be designated as the official “team baton” for the race.
- ING KiDS ROCK Dallas – ING Kids Rockin’ Race T-shirt, Colorful Finisher’s and Medal Goodie Bag
Race Day Weather
The race day will have perfect spring running weather. The temperature typically varies from 53°F to 69°F and is rarely below 42°F or above 81°F.
Results & Past Winners
Results of the past run for all the runners are available on our Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon Results page.