AirBNB BROOKLYN HALF-MARATHON registration opens Thursday, January 28, at 12:00 noon (EST).
Guarantee your entry on January 25 by running as a member of NYRR’s Team for Kids.
Brooklyn Half Marathon is organized by the New York Road Runners (NYRR) and is the second in the NYRR Half-Marathon Series. The Brooklyn Half-Marathon is the largest race (2014) in the United States, beating out the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon by 121 runners. This is a scored race that counts toward the nine races NYRR members need to be eligible for guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon. The Half has been running since ’81. With shiny Brooklyn medals around their necks, sweaty finishers will find hotdogs, beer, roller-coaster rides, stilt walkers, and lots more after the race.
More than 25,646 runners took part on the streets of Brooklyn and cross the finish line in 2014. The race sold out this year (2015) in less than seven hours – significantly faster even than just one year prior, when it took 48 hours to fill the field.
Event TypeHalf Marathon
Men: 7:00 a.m.
Women: 7:00 a.m.
The entry fees is $65 for NYRR members and $85 for non-members. To participate in Brooklyn Half Marathon you can register in the official website. Registration for the Airbnb Brooklyn Half 2015 opens Wednesday, January 21 at 12 p.m. EST.
Course / Route Map
The New York Road Runners’ Brooklyn Half Marathon course follows a point-to-point route taht starts near the Brooklyn Museum and run the first couple of miles past the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and around Brooklyn’s Grand Army Plaza before entering Prospect Park. After a loop around the park, exit from the southwest corner onto Ocean Parkway and cruise toward Brooklyn’s world-famous Coney Island and the finish on the boardwalk.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- The Brooklyn Half has a three-hour time limit.
- Your official (net) finish time is recorded by the ChronoTrack timing system.
Prize Money & Awards
- Open Prize Money (Men and Women): 1st – $1,000, 2nd – $700, 3rd – $500, 4th – $200, 5th – $100.
- The top three overall awards for men and women will be presented near the finish line at approximately 8:15 a.m.
- Age-group awards will be available at NYRR (9 East 89th Street) starting Monday, May 19, at 12:00 noon.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All participants receive New Balance technical shirt.
- All finishers will receive a medal.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- There are 11 water stops along the course.
- Timing tag will be used to record the runner’s time.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 53°F to 66°F
- Humidity: 59% to 80%
- Wind Speed: 6 mph to 10 mph