Beijing International Marathon is the largest and most popular marathon organized in China. Accredited with the IAAF Gold Label for Road Races in 2010, the Beijing Marathon has become one of the top marathons in the world, both in terms of a great organization as well as popularity, with as many as 30,000 runners taking part. The race was first held in 1981 and has been held every year since.
The race begins at Tiananmen Square and finishes at the National Olympic Sports Centre stadium. In addition to the main marathon, there is a 4.2km run, a mini-marathon and a half marathon.
Men: 8:00 am
Women: 8:00 am
To participate in Beijing Marathon you can register in the official website. The registration fees for Chinese participants (including people from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) is 90 RMB per person. Foreign participants: 60 USD per person.
Course / Route Map
The Beijing Marathon offers views of the ancient city amongt views of a modern city. Beijing Marathon starts from Tian’anmen Square, runs through Dongcheng District, Xicheng District, Haidian District, Chaoyang District, and finishes at the National Olympic Sports Center.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The Run has a total ascent of 67.0 m and has a maximum elevation of 78.0 m.
Time Limits & Cutoffs
The course time limit is 6 hours 30 minutes. The event will be timed using timing chips.
Men: Tadese Tola (ETH) 2:07:16 (2013)
Women: Sun Yingjie (CHN) 2:19:39 (2003)
Prize Money & Awards
- Each of the top 3 male and female athletes will be awarded with a trophy, a medal and one suit of sportswear.
- Top 8 male and female athletes will be awarded with ranking bonus.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered runners will receive Designed race T shirts.
- All runners completed the whole course in stipulated time will be awarded with bath towel, souvenir medal and score certificate.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Beverage stations will be installed every 5km after the starting point.
- Drinking water/water will be served between two neighboring beverage stations.
- Energy replenishment stations will be made available at the following point: 27.5km, 32.5km, and 40km.
Expected Race Day Weather
Highest Expected Temperature: 66° F
Lowest Expected Temperature: 42° F