Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
The Bay To Breakers 12K is one of the world’s largest and oldest footraces, held in San Francisco, California, USA. The Zappos.com Bay to Breakers is a race built by the people. Since 1912, Over 1.8 million costumed runners, walkers and centipedes have completed the iconic 12K journey from the San Francisco Bay to the breakers on Ocean Beach. The complete course is 7.46 miles (12.01 km) long. The event is well known for many participants wearing costumes.
The race is held on a USA Track & Field certified point-to-point course. The event was officially the world’s largest footrace from 1986 (with 110,000 participants) until it was surpassed in 2010.
May 15, 2016
Men: 8:00 am
Women: 8:00 am
The entry fees is $59 for adult if registered earlier. To participate in Bay To Breakers 12K you can register in the official website. The race is capped at 50,000 entries. Registration will be available up through the Bay to Breakers Expo on May 15th-16th, 2015. The deadline to purchase the mail option for your registration is March 31, 2015.
Course / Route Map
With a starting point near the San Francisco Bay, a few blocks from The Embarcadero, the Bay to Breakers 12K race runs west through the city and finishes at the Great Highway where breakers crash onto the Pacific Coast’s Ocean Beach. Participants run up the iconic Hayes Street Hill, along the Panhandle and through Golden Gate Park, while the city of San Francisco cheer them on.
Race Profile / Elevation Map
The infamous Hayes Hill (pictured above) is one of the most notorious hills in all of racing.
- Starting Point: Mile 2
- Length: Approximately 2/3 miles
- Average Grade: 5.5%
- Steepest Grade: 11%
Time Limits & Cutoffs
- Timing Tag will be used to record the runner’s time.
Men: Sammy Kitwara (KEN) 33:31 (2009)
Women: Lineth Chepkurui (KEN) 38:07 (2010)
Prize Money & Awards
- Prize Money (Men & Women): 1st Place: $3,000, 2nd Place: $2,500, 3rd Place: $2,250.
T-Shirts, Medals, Certificates
- All registered participants will be given cotton participant T-shirt.
- All finishers will be given medals.
Water Stops & Refreshments
- Water stops will be set up at the two‐mile mark at Polk Street and Hayes Street; at the Panhandle on Fell before Masonic; on JFK at Stow Lake Drive, and at the Finish line at the Great Highway.
Expected Race Day Weather
- Temperature: 52°F to 65°F
- Humidity: 57% to 83%
- Wind Speed: 9 mph to 21 mph