The GoCuff is the new and improved sport cuff that empowers you to quickly and easily engage with your smart phone. Unlike traditional armbands, its placement at your wrist and its touch-sensitive screen allows for more natural accessibility when using fitness apps, GPS navigation, answering a call or viewing a text.
GoCuff® is the first iPhone and Android fitness case to give you complete access to your phone with a simple glance or touch. By using this you can conveniently interact with your phone while keeping it secure and allowing full range of motion.
The product is being funded via Kickstarter and is already on the way to becoming a reality with good backing.
- Anatomically & ergonomically engineered
- Comes in three sizes (small/medium/large)
- The maximum size supported by the GoC
uff is the size of the Galaxy S4.
- Compatible with Strava, MapMyFitness & Nike+
- Made of thin perforated neoprene, and so has good breathability
- Protects from light rain or mist and dust
- Allows for full range of motion at the wrist, from running to pushups
- Gives you access to your phone’s capability and data during any activity through a PVC touch-sensitive screen
- Provides a snug fit for all phones: iPhone, Samsung & HTC
- Previews GoPro video & photo instantly via their app
- Eliminates the need for supplemental GPS on motorcycle
- Tracks elevation gain and GPS while skiing & snowboarding
What is unique about the product is the ability to conveniently interact with your phone while keeping it secure and allowing full range of motion. No option currently available on the market does all three of these things. While an armband is convenient and hands free, you can’t view your screen. Holding your phone in your hand is ok for access, but is inconvenient and commonly leads to a dropped phone (and $100 screen repair).
Who Can Use GoCuff?
People who are involved in Running, Snowboarding, Cycling, Skiing, CrossFit, Skydiving, Snowboarding, Motorcycle Touring/Commuting, Paragliding, Hiking and Photography & Video, or basically any activity which involves you being active and on the move can benefit from GoCuff.
People Behind GoCuff
GoCuff is a project by Ludo Thomasson & Ryan Dawkins. Both Ludo and Ryan are avid athletes. The is an outcome of frustration in not being able to utilize our phones during sporting activities, specifically running and biking. When they saw quarterbacks wearing a sweatband with a PVC window which allows them to quickly glance at plays during the game, the idea for GoCuff was born.
Availability & Pricing
Provisional patent application for Gocuff has been completed and the GoCuff is officially a “Patent Pending” product.
Kickstarter backers can get GoCuff by donating $25 or more, which is scheduled to ship in Nov 2013. GoCuff is being funded on Kickstarter at this time. With a target of of $8,000 at Kickstarter, the product has already been pledged an amount of $7,501 with 21 days to go (Aug 23rd deadline for funding).
GoCuff lets you use your phone as you exercise or involve yourself in any kind of sports activity. You can answer phone calls, use GPS and fitness apps conveniently. Easy to maintain, Gocuff can be hand washed with a mild detergent. This is an excellent way to turn your phone into a wearable computer.