Garmin FR 410
Garmin FR 405CX
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 305
Garmin FR 405
Garmin FR 910XT
Start times of the ING New York City Marathon depend on the starting corrals of the runners
- Professional Women get to start the earliest at 9:10 a.m.
- Wave 1 starting at 9:40 a.m., Professional Men start with Wave 1
- Wave 2 starts at 10:10 a.m
- Wave 3 starts at 10:40 a.m
Details from the organizers below.
- Runners who are assigned to different corrals but wish to start together may do so by going to the corral and wave corresponding to the higher number.
- Race officials will make multilingual announcements when it’s time for runners to line up in the appropriate corrals. Please follow the instructions of the race officials, and follow the signs and video to enter your corral.
- If you’re running with an ING Runner’s Nation Pace Team Powered by Timex, look for your pace team leader in your corral. Leaders will wear “ING Runner’s Nation Pace Team Powered by Timex” shirts, carry signs color-coded to their start, and carry balloons printed with their goal finish time.
- We advise that you wear extra layers to keep warm after checking your bag. You may discard these items in marked bins before moving to the corrals.
- There will be three wave starts, at 30-minute intervals. Refer to the wave start timeline chart below for start times. Runners are assigned to starts and corrals according to the projected finish time (or pace per mile) provided on the marathon application. Wave start times cannot be changed.
- Your start line color is the same as your start village color and is indicated on your registration card and your race number.
- Your finish time will be your net time—that is, based on when you cross the start line. The last runners in each wave should clear the start in approximately 10 minutes.