Linet Masai of Kenya won the NYRR New York Mini 10K on Saturday, June 12. Emily Chebet of Kenya finished second, and Werknesh Kidane of Ethiopia finished third. More than 7,000 runners register for the race.
The NRRR New York Mini 10K is an exclusive Women’s only race. This year saw 5,189 finishers, the second highest since 1997.
The race had a collection of one of the best talents in the world of road running, including four-time Mini 10K champion Lornah Kiplagat of the Netherlands, 36, Kenya’s Emily Chebet, 24, who had defeated Masai by one second to win this year’s World Cross race in Poland; 2010 Boston Marathon champion Teyba Erkesso, 27, of Ethiopia; and Werknesh Kidane, 28, also of Ethiopia, a former World Cross champion and a World Championships silver medalist on the track (source: NYRR).
- MASAI LINET (Kenya) 30:48
- CHEBET EMILY (Kenya) 31:13
- KIDANE WORKNESH (Ethiopia) 31:18
- KIPLAGAT LORNAH (Netherlands) 31:40
- SMITH KIM (New Zealand) 32:15
- ERKESSO TEYBA (Ethiopia) 32:24
- ALENE AMARE SHEWARGE (NY, USA) 32:27
- KALMER RENE (South Africa 32:32
- DEBA BUZUNESH (Ethiopia) 32:37
- ROTICH CAROLINE (Kenya) 32:43
Results for all participants are available on the official results page.